They walk amongst us.

Got something to say off topic? Want to say hello? This is the place!

They walk amongst us.

Postby bigyetiman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Getting mums shopping a couple in front of me at the checkout looked at a sign by the cafe which said "Morrisons cafe will be closed on 17/7 re opening 18/7 woman looked at the man she was with and said
"is that today, cos where we going to have breakfast?"
"No today isn't the 17th, i think today is the 20 something, I think it means next month"
" Oh whats with the 7 bit, thats confusing" !!!!
That was the point the cashier actually stopped passing stuff through the checkout as she was in shock at that.
the man said " I think thats means the month"
"well how are we supposed to know which month they mean"
Scary or what
bigyetiman
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: They walk amongst us.

Postby Margaid » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:58 pm

Eeeek! I thought you only overheard that sort of stuff on the 'bus BYM?
Margaid

Postby Marigold » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:33 am

How's your mum getting on? It sounds as if she's home again now.
Marigold

Postby Minorcafan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:29 am

"They" are following you !!!
Minorcafan

Postby bigyetiman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Mum is home the hospital decided to get things moving whilst we were away in Wales, just for once my brother had to get off his backside and actually do something.
The hospital were insistent that she has carers popping in a couple of times a day as well as me. Which means mum is up washed and dressed and breakfasted before they arrive "I don't want to make them work they are very busy"
She is doing well, very mobile now, and seems much brighter, eating well and ordering everyone around.

The people that get on a bus usually go shopping via bus to, as all the low income, unemployed in the area the buses operate get free travel, some of them are on them riding around all day.
bigyetiman

Postby Marigold » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Sounds as if the provision of carers is doing more for your mother's recovery than their actual help would be. When I was working and had two teenagers I had a cleaning lady who came twice a week to muck us out. The night before, t took me quite a while to get the house tidy enough for her to enter!
Marigold

Postby bigyetiman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:40 pm

As mum worked in London during the Blitz and did fire watching on the roofs after work, and was never late for work even when Hitler himself tried to stop her by bombing the rail line (her words), I can't see her letting a few carers get in her way or slow her down
bigyetiman

Postby Icemaiden » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:59 pm

About the unemployed people riding around on the buses all day, I do have some sympathy.
When I was out of work in my youth, I couldn't afford to heat my bedsit so to get away from the ice on the inside of the windows (obviously not this time of year...) I used to hop on the bus & go & do voluntary work in exchange for warm surroundings and free coffee.

Mind you, the DHSS then wouldn't pay me benefits, because I was doing something useful rather than shivering on my derrière :-)09
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
Icemaiden

Postby bigyetiman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 am

I wasn't being derogatory about all the people who were unemployed, but we have a breed here that think that counts as work if you know what I mean. You do get caught don't you if you decide to do a bit of voluntary work as my daughter found out once.
Good one yesterday on the bus, a girl was moaning as she had been in countless card shops and was unable to find banners or balloons that said Happy 30th Birthday Grandma !
bigyetiman

Postby Hen-Gen » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 am

Precisely, BYT. There used to be a thing called natural selection that prevented the physically or mentally weak from reaching breeding age.
But now ???
Hen-Gen

Next

Return to General Chatter / Other things