Are you seeking refuge?

Got something to say off topic? Want to say hello? This is the place!

Re: Are you seeking refuge?

Postby Marigold » Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 am

Hen-Gen wrote:Well thank you all kindly.
Will never forget the occasion because just as we got to the registry office the clouds parted and a rainbow arced over Lerwick. Not normally sacrilegious but I was forced to observe that even God approved! :D

If possible, we'd all love to see a wedding photo, please, HenGen. I'm glad you're not all alone on Fetlat.
Marigold

Postby Hen-Gen » Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Now whilst I have tentatively put one foot outside the wardrobe I'm not comfortable to leap out with a 'Glad to be Gay' banner. Though the local community are largely supportive the real world is still a bit challenging.
I'm never alone here. Drinking tea/whiskey/beer whilst yarning over the table is an occupational hazard here! :D
Neither am I confident enough to drink G and T's in polite society.
A couple of weeks ago I observed to the drinkers in the bar here that when I was a youth my dad said to me that only poufs drank lager ( which all the locals do) needless to say, the cause of much satirical jest!
Hen-Gen
Newcomer / Hatchling

Postby bigyetiman » Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Congratulations Hen-Gen and partner, long life and happiness in buckets to you both.
Reminds me of when we went to the OH friends wedding a few years ago. Like you they had been together for years and were so happy to be able to get married at last. It was the first gay wedding in Aberystwyth. They are quite proud of being as they put it "the only gays in their village"
Seriously though good on you mate
bigyetiman
Forum Contributor / Grower

Postby RichmondHens » Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Many congrats HG, only just caught up with this thread. Very happy for you. (can't seem to put a smiley on when I press "quick reply" ????)
RichmondHens

Postby Minorcafan » Fri May 19, 2017 6:56 pm

rick wrote:Oh, that's whats happening! Hi everyone!!

Hi to everyone on this forum. I am keeping my name :D
Minorcafan

Postby Marigold » Fri May 19, 2017 8:01 pm

RichmondHens wrote:Many congrats HG, only just caught up with this thread. Very happy for you. (can't seem to put a smiley on when I press "quick reply" ????)

You can do all the fancy stuff if you start by clicking on the Quick Reply box (under the message space) and then press Full Editor, (under the message you're preparing to post.)
Or else, if you click on the other box, confusingly marked Post Reply, (bottom left of the message space,) you get the Full Editor functions straight away.
But don't get caught out when actually sending your post - if you press Post Reply at that point, it will disappear altogether!!
ALWAYS USE THE SUBMIT BUTTON WHEN POSTING SOMETHING!
It's probably safest to stick to using Quick Reply and then click the Full Editor button if you want extras.

You can try this out for yourself if you like, write any bit of nonsense and try editing and posting it. You can then delete your message by clicking the little box with a black X at the top of your post. If you clicked Post Reply, it will have been deleted anyway!
and, of course, you can use the Edit button (on the top line, next to the Delete X,) or the Quote button.
Let's hope nobody needs the red exclamation mark. That's to report naughty people, and so far we haven't needed that on here.
:D :D :D
Marigold

Postby rick » Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 pm

RichmondHens wrote:can't seem to put a smiley on when I press "quick reply" ????

It's old school around here - \:\) = :)
rick
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Postby RichmondHens » Sat May 20, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks Marigold. :)
RichmondHens

Postby Marigold » Sat May 20, 2017 10:11 am

I should have said that, in order to post photos, you need to get into Full Editor, either by clicking Post Reply or by clicking Quick Reply and then Full Editor. Either way provides menus at the bottom for uploading pics. Basically you need to reduce the size of your image to Medium and then upload it. There are two threads in the Photos of Chickens section, with more details about how to do this.
See viewforum.php?f=27
Marigold

Postby LadyA » Sat May 20, 2017 10:59 am

And another one from pp slithers in the open door! :-)99 :-)99
Never going to remember who everyone is! :-)07 :-)02

This is me, getting the lawn's mowed. not. But I had to see to priorities first, and only found out that the practical poultry forum was closing this morning! So, now I'm here, I guess I'd better be NOT here, and go get something done! Laterz!
LadyA

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter / Other things