BWA - Devon and Cornwall Waterfowl Show

The place to discuss Shows and Showing Waterfowl.

Moderator: dorsetduckowner

Tim
Site Admin

BWA - Devon and Cornwall Waterfowl Show

Post by Tim » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:00 pm

The British Waterfowl Association (30th Anniversary) Devon and Cornwall Waterfowl Show is on Sunday 29th November 2009 at the Royal Cornwall Showground (just outside of Wadebridge).

This is a National Championship Exhibition of pure bred domestic waterfowl with a sale of domestic ducks and geese.
Tim
Site Admin

Re: BWA - Devon and Cornwall Waterfowl Show

Post by Tim » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Just a little reminder that this is the weekend after next!

I have been in touch with Jakie, one of the organisers and she mentioned that its the 30th Anniversary Show so each exhibitor is going to get a glass picture frame which will take a postcard size picture. There is a lady there who will take photos and can print them out on the day if you would like one for your frame....

Wish I was a little closer and not heading off to the National that weekend! :roll:
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:56 pm

i'm going , and i went last year . it was a very enjoyable day and had a good freindly atmosphere - Good show , one not to miss !
Lydia

Post by Lydia » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Tim wrote:
Wish I was a little closer and not heading off to the National that weekend! :roll:
I'm going to the National as well,but you don't know what I look like :D ,if a strange woman (well stranger than most)comes up to you-it could be me :mrgreen: .Don't worry,will only say 'hi' :lol: .
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:15 pm

I will be with Rupert and his 'photo booth' on Sunday, trying to get a few snaps. Probably wearing a poultrykeeper.com rugby shirt (so exclusive, there's only one and that's faded!). That assumes it hasn't faded away in the wash after the last show (top quality merchandise you see :? ) Hope we can say hello Lydia...

Yes, wish I could go to the Devon / Cornwall show - it's just a little too far away (around 5 hours one way?) even if the National wasn't on that weekend. Jackie has a friend who is taking photos - and I have asked whether we could share a few of those on the site - so fingers crossed we might get a little taster of the BWA show.
Lydia

Post by Lydia » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 am

Be good to have pictures from both :D .
5 hours is a lot of travelling,don't think I could do that either.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:23 am

I didn't end up with any from the Devon & Cornwall Waterfowl Show - but a few of the BWA National photos can be viewed on the site here: BWA National 2009[Link now removed]

The rest of the photos are distributed around the breeds sections - so for example Go to Goose Breeds and select a breed, then at the bottom of that page if there are photos, there will be a link there to a photo page.

Hope this helps ;-)

Tim
Last edited by Poultrykeeper Admin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link Removed

Return to “Showing Waterfowl”