For Sale - Abacot Ranger Ducks - Beds. or meet via a show

Advertise your wish list or stock for sale here.

Moderator: dorsetduckowner

Forum rules
Please put 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' in your title and your location if you are selling to help people search.
E.g. For Sale - White Indian Runner Ducks - Bedfordshire

For Sale - Abacot Ranger Ducks - Beds. or meet via a show

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 am

Hi there,

I have bred around 30 ducks from my German bloodline this year. They are all looking rather good and are feathering up into their adult plumage now. (I will post pics once they have their full plumage). I will be keeping a dozen or so for breeding next year but will have a surplus that I intend to sell at the shows.

I imported the parents from the Hannover show last year, they had very high marks from the Judges and they are beautiful looking birds and have bred true (unlike some of the UK lines I have had and seen).

I am selling them in pairs - they will be brother / sister. Hatchability has been very good this year so I don't believe you will have any problems with this mating but next year (all being well) I will have another unrelated german line from Chris & Mike Ashton so if you wanted to outcross the year after, you could.

£45 / pair to forum members placing an advanced order.

They will be ready for collection Mid to late August. I can reserve a pair and meet at one of the poultry shows: BWA National, Welsh National, PCGB National, or East of England Autumn (Peterborough) show but I will require £50 then as they will need feeding for an extra couple of months.

Any questions? Please Ask. Thanks. :D
Tim

Re: For Sale - Abacot Ranger Ducks - Beds. or meet via a sho

Postby Kim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi, I was wondering whether you have a few Abacot Ranger Ducks for sale please. I only want two or three, a drake & a hen or two hens. Problem is that I'm situated in the Republic, in the midlands! Many thanks, Kim
Kim

Postby Tim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi Kim,

I will PM you.

Regards,

Tim
Tim

Postby Richard Forster » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 am

I need a pair of Abacot Rangers. Are they still available, regards, Richard.Tel No. 01...
Richard Forster

Postby Tim » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi Richard,

I will have 2 pairs available in about 3 weeks time. I was going to take these to the BWA National to sell but if you wanted a pair before then, I can sell them to you if interested.

Tim

PS I have removed your phone number above for security and will give you a call when I'm home later ;-)
Tim

Re: For Sale - Abacot Ranger Ducks

Postby bchadwick » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi does anyone have any Abacot ranger females for sale?
Looking for 2 or 3 to join a pair I purchased at Melton in Sept.
bchadwick

Postby Tim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm afraid not. It's usually quite difficult to buy ducks like this as most people want to sell them as pairs to save raising and then killing lots of Drakes.
Tim

Postby bchadwick » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 am

Yes I understand this.
We dont kill any of ours, just sell surplus drakes at Melton/Leek.
Do you have any pairs for sale?
We have only just started with abacots and only have 1 pair, so I am sure having more than 1 drake would be ok, as they are running with other ducks - Magpies, call ducks, and buff back geese.
Was going to try at Poultry Sale at Stafford Showground next weekend, but they seem so scarce there probably wont be any there.
bchadwick

Postby Tim » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 pm

I do have a pair... although they are German bloodline so it would be better if breeding from them not to cross them to the UK Abs. Having two drakes may be distressing for the ducks in the spring, I doubt they will pair up with the Magpies and the Calls are too small.

Tim.
Tim

Postby bchadwick » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi
Why would it not be ok to cross the bloodlines??
How much would your pair be?
Are you going to the show/sale at Stafford?
I am in Derbyshire, do you use a courier to transport your birds?
Thanks
bchadwick

Next

Return to Waterfowl For Sale or Wanted