chicken thieves about.BEWARE

Advertise your wish list or stock for sale here.
Forum rules
Please put 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' in your title and your location if you are selling to help people search.
E.g. For Sale - Orpington Growers - Bedfordshire
poppie

chicken thieves about.BEWARE

Post by poppie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:37 pm

hi all,
just a friendly not to say that a friend of mine (who is a breeder in cambridgeshire) had over 200 birds stolen last night,including yokohamas,choc orps lf,araucanas,game fowl and many others.
these birds were all show quality,AND MICRO CHIPPED.
so if you are offered cheap poultry pls be ware that it may have been stolen.
many thanks to all,especially TIM who kindly said i may post this.
Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

Re: chicken thieves about.BEWARE

Post by Poultrykeeper Admin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:50 pm

I have made this a 'sticky' for a while.

Sadly this does happen - so everyone please beware and keep your ears open.

Tim
podstable
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by podstable » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Yesterday poultry stolen during day in West Sussex and later on West Sussex/Surrey border.Be alert. Ros
podstable

Post by podstable » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:44 pm

-----and another last night apparently nr. godalming. Be vigilant. Ros :twisted:
girlracer265

Post by girlracer265 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:56 pm

:( omg people are so quick to jump on a bandwagon
karlooben

Post by karlooben » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 pm

thats not that far from me really :( :( well about 40 mins away omgggggggg its scary and i know it has happened very close to me so i am carefull as i can be . people think i am totally mad as i dont worry about the foxes and that i worry about theives more then them :-)11
victorias poultry

Post by victorias poultry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:26 pm

Ornamental Waterfowl taken from Crewe, Cheshire. Mainly Laysans - normal and ginger.
silkiebreeder

Post by silkiebreeder » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:25 am

The two legged fox needs to be treated the same as the four legged one in my case everything is electrified with a mains powered cattle unit i know that if they want to get it they will but i hope that if im ever that unlucky it will be painful to them when they try and might just deter them for a while
MSTRKRFT1988

Post by MSTRKRFT1988 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:13 pm

We live in the Craigavon area in Northern Ireland and a few weeks ago someone stole about half of my neighbours stock. He is a breeder and had about 300 at the time.
jenny22
Newcomer / Hatchling

Post by jenny22 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 am

so sorry to hear this, we no longer put poultry in the field as we have had so many stolen, saying that last year we had a bantie and 6 chicks stolen from the garden at the back of our pony stable, you wouldt have known they were there if you hadnt walked around there. they also took the hen from the pen next door and next night came back and let the cockeral from that pen out during the night and the b. fox got him. 2 christmasses running we have lost our ducks, we no longer keep them. Im afraid if we caught them they wouldnt walk out, they wouldnt be able to crawl. Its a hobby with us but it must be even more devastating if it is your livelehood. I must admit our local polis have been very good not much they could do but at least they put it in the local papers and we put a notice on the field gate saying CCTV was in operation, it isnt and it got taken down but as the saying goes 'every littkle helps'

Jenn

Return to “Chickens For Sale or Wanted”