Egg Thief, Too Cocky For Its Own Good

The place to discuss worms, mites, lice, rodents, wild birds, foxes, badgers, dogs etc.
bigyetiman

Re: Egg Thief, Too Cocky For Its Own Good

Post by bigyetiman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Well it could have been worse he could have done it in front of a table full of dinner guests. A cat of ours once brought in a maggot riddled starling corpse and promptly dropped it on the carpet and walked off, luckily our guests thought it was hilarious
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 am

The same cat brought me home a dead guinea pig one time! That was a bit mortifying! I never found out where he had got it from!
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
rick

Post by rick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:32 pm

A few years ago when walking our oversized whippet lurcher across the meadow a cat jumped out of the undergrowth a few yards ahead and made a run for it followed by the dog. As they were approaching the turning in the path out onto the open field he was closing the gap fast and then I lost sight of them. At exactly the predictable moment, still out of sight, there was a squealing and general ruckus in the field and I started running to the field imagining having to go knocking on nearby doors and asking 'Erm, is this your cat?' However, when I got to the field there was no sign of the cat but halfway across there was a quarter size football net and the dog was suspended in it like a fly in a web with legs at all angles. The cat had obviously passed through the holes and was probably enjoying the scene from nearby.
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Post by dinosaw » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm

I think I must have seen that cat nearby, it was running down the street shouting GOAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

Return to “Pests & Predators”