Poultry mite invasion in my garden and house

The place to discuss worms, mites, lice, rodents, wild birds, foxes, badgers, dogs etc.
Jaffa Cake
Forum Contributor / Grower

Re: Poultry mite invasion in my garden and house

Post by Jaffa Cake » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Hey TweetiePie,

Thanks for your answer. I thought that a wind egg meant just really small. Will have to check if it has a yolk as it is sitting in my van ash tray. Thanks so much for all your help. I think that it was Rick who said that it might be springtails. I need to master this site so that I can send him a private message!

Good to know that your girls are also behaving differently!

Mandi
LadyA
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by LadyA » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:52 pm

My hens are hiding among the trees during the day too. I think all hens are. How would you like to be wearing a feather & down coat in this heat?! :shock: :shock: Depending on your space, it might be a good idea to put extra water out for them, around where they are taking shelter, as they may not be inclined to go back to the run for drinks during the heat of the day.
I've got bowls and trays of water dotted around my huge garden, for birds and other wildlife. 0:-)
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Jaffa Cake wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 pm
Hey TweetiePie,

I think that it was Rick who said that it might be springtails. I need to master this site so that I can send him a private message!

Mandi
Two ways to send private messages;
1) find one of Rick's posts and click on the Message icon at the side, just below his name and avatar. Another type of grey message icon will appear. Click on that and you'll get a form with a link to the post you chose, and a message box for writing to your recipient.
or;
2) Click on your own 'person' icon in the dark grey top line of the page, then on User Control Panel. Click on Private Messages in the top line, then click on New P.M. Put the person's forum name in the box at the top, write your message, and press Send. It will sit in your Outbox (see column on the left) until the person reads it, and during this time you can edit what you wrote, if you wish.
rick
Part of the Flock

Post by rick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Do if you like Jaffa Cake - to try out PMs. Glad to be right, of course, but it wasn't through any entomological prowess, just image searching for bugs and trawling down the page till something looked right (and from fungi identification knowing that if its a choice between rare or common, its almost certainly common.) It was your photo that did it - pictures worth a thousand words etc.

Return to “Pests & Predators”