The federation of poultry clubs

The place to discuss Shows and Showing Chickens

Moderators: victorias poultry, Marigold

The federation of poultry clubs

Postby true-bantam-mad » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Could I just remind everyOne who is wishing to enter the show, that entries close on the 1st of November, so if possible, 1st class to the sec
Black and Gold Partridge Pekins, Black Rosecombs, Gold Partridge Yellow Partridge and Silver Partridge Dutch, Black Belguim D'Anvers and Black Cross Bred Silkies (for eggs)
true-bantam-mad
Forum Contributor / Grower

Re: The federation of poultry clubs

Postby ccm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Done already, can't wait Image but suppose I'll have to Image
ccm

Postby foxy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Just hope the weather holds out...loved it last year but a lot of empty cages...
foxy

Postby true-bantam-mad » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Its a truly brilliant show! And hopefully the weather is ok, we woke up on the Sunday morning and the car wheels were iced to the ground, apparently record number of entries, so more competition!
Dan
Black and Gold Partridge Pekins, Black Rosecombs, Gold Partridge Yellow Partridge and Silver Partridge Dutch, Black Belguim D'Anvers and Black Cross Bred Silkies (for eggs)
true-bantam-mad

Postby jubilee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:00 pm

My van thermometer was reading minus 17oC last year on the sunday morning!! That's cold!
Seems much milder this year, last year at this time, we were worried that the birds would be ok after their bath in the penning room, we had oilheaters going 24/7 to keep them warm. :-)07
We're only taking twelve this year, so hopefully won't be as manic!!

JubesXX
Breeders of quality exhibition Orpingtons, in White, Jubilee, Spangled LF. And Chocolate, Jubilee, Spangled and Black Bantams.
jubilee
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Postby foxy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:28 pm

jubilee wrote:My van thermometer was reading minus 17oC last year on the sunday morning!! That's cold!
Seems much milder this year, last year at this time, we were worried that the birds would be ok after their bath in the penning room, we had oilheaters going 24/7 to keep them warm. :-)07
We're only taking twelve this year, so hopefully won't be as manic!!

JubesXX

Well I read recently that the opening salvo of winter will be brutal...around the time of the Fed..luckily my birds are well prepared with feathered boots and muffled beards! :D :D
foxy

Postby jubilee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Yes, the joy of not having to knit booties and bonnets for your birds Foxy!! Yours already have them! :lol: :lol:

JubesXX
Breeders of quality exhibition Orpingtons, in White, Jubilee, Spangled LF. And Chocolate, Jubilee, Spangled and Black Bantams.
jubilee
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Return to Showing Chickens